Boxcar entry tool

garyw

Gold Member
We do not have the Aeromir web site setup yet for properly providing access to the Boxcar entry tool reports (B Tool)..
In the interim, until this gets worked out, if you provide me with your email address via secured posts to me here, I will add you to an email distribution with the reports. This method of providing the reports is expected to be temporary. Also, it may take me a few days to workout the kinks of email distribution, so recommend a bit of patience. Please use private posts for you email disclosure.

PS: You may also PM {Direct message} (me via Aeromir Slack with your email address if you wish to be included in these daily reports.

Last edited:
If you have provided your email and have not received the (BTool) boxcar entry reports, check your SPAM filter. Two people have confirmed the emails were being blocked by their SPAM filter so far!

A FYI: The B-Tool reports that went out this AM (7:30AM Pacific) contained no SPX entry candidates. This is first time I have noticed an SPX eval to find no suitable entry's across all the targeted expirations. I made a subsequent run (not part of the service) a few minutes later which did find candidates, but less than normal. This post to confirm that I noticed it, and expect this to occur from time to time (a good thing)! -- Finding no RUT entries is a much more common occurrence, but primarily due to the lack of liquidity there.

PS: Update: I re-ran the tool over the exact sample for the original run, and discovered the lack of candidates also resulted in an additional issue, so reran the reports at about 8:00AM pacific. Some candidates "should have made it thru", so will address! (Errata "a good thing", reference above, would apply if the "additional issue" had not occurred)

Last edited:
A FYI: The B-Tool reports that went out this AM (7:30AM Pacific) contained no SPX entry candidates. This is first time I have noticed an SPX eval to find no suitable entry's across all the targeted expirations. I made a subsequent run (not part of the service) a few minutes later which did find candidates, but less than normal. This post to confirm that I noticed it, and expect this to occur from time to time (a good thing)! -- Finding no RUT entries is a much more common occurrence, but primarily due to the lack of liquidity there.

PS: Update: I re-ran the tool over the exact sample for the original run, and discovered the lack of candidates also resulted in an additional issue, so reran the reports at about 8:00AM pacific. Some candidates "should have made it thru", so will address! (Errata "a good thing", reference above, would apply if the "additional issue" had not occurred)
Gary, Can you add me to your email list for the B tool? If you need a subscription fee just let me know. Thanks. [email protected]

Gary, Can you add me to your email list for the B tool? If you need a subscription fee just let me know. Thanks. [email protected]
Richard: Check your SPAM folder. You have been on distribution since 6/7<-- Many (if not All) have found the reports being misstaken as SPAM!

Last edited:
Richard: Check your SPAM folder. You have been on distribution since 6/7<-- Many (if not All) have found the reports being misstaken as SPAM!
Gary, please add me to the b-tool list & let me know if/when sub fee is due. TIA, [email protected] Ooops, already in spam -- didn't check cuz never got an acknowledgement of request to Tom. No problem...thx.

Gary, please add me to the b-tool list & let me know if/when sub fee is due. TIA, [email protected] Ooops, already in spam -- didn't check cuz never got an acknowledgement of request to Tom. No problem...thx.
Mark: you should have been receiving them since 6/8! Check for SPAM issues. I also forwarded last report from another email. -- Let me know status of the issue.

FYI:
A note about the B Tool reports.
These are part of an educational service and not intended to be trading advice.
While I strive to insure all information is correct, it is possible for the reports to include errant information. While I have not observed errant information here or in the G-Tool reports so far, it could occur, so caution is advised.
The reports include some information that may be new to you, such as the advanced orders that are provided as examples. If you are unfamiliar with TOS advanced orders (or the specific advanced orders being referenced), then testing first via TOS PaperMoney is recommended to insure you understand how to use them and what they actually do.
People may fail to fully read, or fully comprehend the details in the reports, which can result in undesirable outcomes. Please do NOT assume! Verify first if placing real money at risk.
The report is believed to be self documenting, but very concise.

We do not have the Aeromir web site setup yet for properly providing access to the Boxcar entry tool reports (B Tool)..
In the interim, until this gets worked out, if you provide me with your email address via secured posts to me here, I will add you to an email distribution with the reports. This method of providing the reports is expected to be temporary. Also, it may take me a few days to workout the kinf email distribution, so recommend a bit of patience. Please use private posts for you email disclosure.

PS: You may also PM {Direct message} (me via Aeromir Slack with your email address if you wish to be included in these daily reports.
please add me to the distribution list for the btool thanks, [email protected]

A data issue with SPX resulted in no SPX reports for the 7:30AM run. Regenerated @ 7:40AM Pacific Hence the two emails..

Update on BTool selection criteria.
Option liquidity is impacted by time of day. Later in the day typically has tighter Bid / Ask spreads. Since the BTool requires the Spread/Mid to meet minimum criteria of 5% for SPX and 10% for RUT (was considered a generous relaxation from the initial requirements of 2.5% and 5% respectively), this may be too confining for some Boxcar traders desiring entries early in the day. (Note: This resulted in NO candidates for Monday's morning session for the July 7th SPX trade, where Dan Harvey took a position, but had no BTool report for it!)
The reports have a column on the right (Spread/Mid) that quantify the worst case value for the set of 4 strikes for each candidate, allowing a user to avoid a candidate if this is beyond their comfort zone.
I will relax these constraints such that more of the illiquid morning options are not discarded, but you may still observe by noting the Spread/Mid column. (relaxing BTool omission of illiquid options Spread/Mid to 10% and 20% respectively for SPX and RUT)

I modified the constraint of the minimum Strike selection of the Short leg of the Credit spread to be 1.2 STD move down instead of a fixed delta value. (This is thought to be adequate to provide more than one strike for consideration of the Short Strike of the CS)

I hope to release this change before tomorrow's morning reports!
Note: Since the reports target $3,000 Entry Margin max, the availability of Candidates with 25Wide spreads are sparse! The BTool attempts to locate the most efficient configurations for the amount of Reg-T Margin allocated.

Last edited:
Contact Us