connecting/disconnectin with IB

JH70

Anyone else having connection problems with ONE and IB ?
Having problems all the time, doesn't update the graphs, keeps telling me, there is an error, and closes itself.
then causing issues with IB, saying, marketdata connection lost, market connection re-est., so IB TWS crashes....anyone ?

Anyone else having connection problems with ONE and IB ?
Having problems all the time, doesn't update the graphs, keeps telling me, there is an error, and closes itself.
then causing issues with IB, saying, marketdata connection lost, market connection re-est., so IB TWS crashes....anyone ?
YES. I had/have very similar issues. But not usually using ONE, only sometimes... I normally get it with EXCEL and the TWS API. Are you using the API for TWS too by any chance? Origin of the problem was there in my case, and led to the problems with ONE. As soon as I heard the "marketdata connection lost" message the PC was close to going out the window, and from then ONE would never work properly. Whole set up would collapse. I have since dumped the TWS API and use XLQ which is much more reliable. Occassionally I still get the same problem - BUT im fairly sure that this means i'm still asking TWS questions that it cannot answer (expired option prices and the like/ or there is an error in the syntax which sends IB into meltdown)? I think that was somewhere the origin of my issues. Im thinking in ONE maybe you may have positions that have expired and that may not have been "closed" properly etc? ONE is fairly clunky as a piece of software and it does not need much to upset IB..

I'm having the same issues. I have tried updating and restating but that did not resolve the issues. Were you able to find a solution? If so, what was it? Thanks.

Well if you are only using ONE with IB you should be ok - I reinstalled one a couple of time then it was fine. but if you have excel with API into IB going too, then you need to be careful and not overload Ib. oh, small obvious one: did you change the ram configuration in IB (general settings) should be on 2048 mb I think.

Thanks for the help Guy. The ram configuration was set to 728 so I changed that. I was also using the TWS Beta version (which has worked fine in the past). I reverted to the TWS stable version which appears to have resolved the issue.

No probs Ben. I know how frustrating this can be. One point : I tried messi g around with double again on the RAM (4096) That took me a step backwards, as tws oddly the. becomes very unstable, contrary to what one might expect!

I'm having the same issues. I have tried updating and restating but that did not resolve the issues. Were you able to find a solution? If so, what was it? Thanks.
After contact with ONE, I changed this setting : IB Option chains, it was checked, I un checked it like the pic I took
and there was app. a small item with the subscriptions I seemed to have, IB set me on that one, and now it seems to work
I also took GuyM's suggestion, to change the RAM to 2048, so, fingers crossed......

Attachments

• 2022-06-14 15_09_26-OptionNET Explorer  setting.png
    2022-06-14 15_09_26-OptionNET Explorer setting.png
    20 KB · Views: 7
As soon as I can get near the PC will check that! That couLd explain a lot. Thank you so much. Guy

After contact with ONE, I changed this setting : IB Option chains, it was checked, I un checked it like the pic I took
and there was app. a small item with the subscriptions I seemed to have, IB set me on that one, and now it seems to work
I also took GuyM's suggestion, to change the RAM to 2048, so, fingers crossed......
JH70, I'm running with "IB Option Chains" checked, and I'm wondering what small item in IB that you changed. Is this something in Market Data Subscriptions? I'd like to try the same.

JH70, I'm running with "IB Option Chains" checked, and I'm wondering what small item in IB that you changed. Is this something in Market Data Subscriptions? I'd like to try the same.
This is what I got from ONE:

"Also, you have 'Use IB Chains' checked in the Configuration->IB Data Feed settings window (see below). This is only advisable when it is required to request new expiration cycles/strikes created on that day. In all other circumstances, it is advised to uncheck this because it will inevitably impact performance due to IB API throttling of such requests."

and, this one:

"You are receiving a number of error messages back from IB such as 'Part of requested market data is not subscribed. Subscription-independent ticks are still active.SPY ARCA/Auction:225' suggesting you do not have the requirement market data permissions for some requests - perhaps the Watchlist. You must have real-time market data permissions for both the underlying and options - snapshot/delayed permissions is not sufficient."

So, I looked at my subscriptions, and added one, what I thought, was missing/needed, was only 1 $ a month, and fee waived if....and it seemed to have worked for me, for now..... ;)

Good luck

Contact Us