Interactive Brokers Eliminated Monthly Account Inactivity Fees

tom

Administrator
I received this email from Interactive Brokers last week:

Dear Client,

While many of our clients actively trade or maintain substantial equity in their account, we have decided to eliminate our monthly inactivity fee so there are no impediments to maintaining an account with IBKR.

Effective July 1, 2021, you will no longer be charged USD 10 for not maintaining a minimum balance or transaction activity for account U****XXXX. This change will be reflected in your August 2021 account statement.

Our decision to remove inactivity fees aligns us with industry standards and reflects our ongoing commitment to provide clients with low-cost trading solutions.

status1

Is the option risk graph any better than the one on TOS
I was thinking since there is no more inactivity fee I could perhaps open an account just to look at the risk graph but only if it's more accurate than the one on TOS otherwise there is no reason for me to open an account there

status1

Thanks I may give it a try
In what area would you say it's better ? The greeks, p/l or something else
I am mainly interested in the projected p/l for calendars as I advance the date I know that on calendars the p/l can change a lot but I would expect a little better simulation than what I get on TOS It looks like the p/l is building up fast but in reality is less than half of that or lower

tom

Administrator
When I started with IB around 20-years ago, they were executing something like 19% of the entire options market. I had an account at IB and TOS at the same time and did a few test trades to see if there were any differences. Overall, my impression was that IB executed a little faster. TOS only beat IB one or two times out of perhaps 10 tests. A few times IB filled and TOS never did.

Commissions on futures options I've heard are much better at IB, which is primarily what I trade in addition to futures and forex.

When I lived in Europe, I would transfer USD to my IB account, convert it to EUR on the FX spot market and wire EUR to my German bank. Saved quite a bit in fees from the bank rates. These days, I use wise.com for sending money cross border. (see https://aeromir.com/wise )

status1

Thanks but I was more interested in the risk graphing
You said the risk graphing is better so I was wondering in what way is better ?

tom

Administrator
for TOS? It's more granular. The IB risk graphing seems a bit behind imo. Check this video out:

status1

Sorry I read that wrong I thought you were saying that IB was better My mistake
Well I guess there is no reason to try it then Maybe in another decade they will try to upgrade the risk graph
Thanks for the information

status1

Yes but as far as the calendar p/l projection it's way off but than again there is nothing else better unless Bruno can finish his TOS based program

tom

Administrator
Bruno and I are planning to meet around the end of August. I'll get a good update then on his plans.

status1

Sounds good although from what he was saying with needing help and not having enough time that it will take a long time before we see any results

Contact Us