Is anyone using Trade Tool?

tom

Administrator
Staff member
I started a new forum for Trade Tool.

What are your thoughts about this tool?

I'm going to give it a try to see if it is a suitable replacement for OptionVue.

status1

I gave it a try but I did not see weekly options so it's no use for me so I canceled my free subscribtion

tom

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. I'll ask Rance about weekly options. That seems like it is an essential requirement.

tosfan

I tried the tool for a while and it seems versatile and intuitive. One good thing is that it is web-based, nothing to install on a PC. I noticed as well that it doesn't support weekly options. Also in backtesting it only provides end-of-day options data, no intraday increments. I checked with their support team and they confirmed it. So far I have used on ONE for backtesting, it allows 5-minute increments.

tom

Administrator
Staff member
Rance showed me the SPX options chain with weekly options in his dev platform. It took something like 10-seconds to load, which he said was way too slow but they have a plan to vastly increase the speed. After the speed is ok, they will roll it out to everyone.

OptionVue had 15-minute back testing increments. At this point, ONE has the best back tester.