Member Home error

Hi Tom,
I changed my password yesterday and the new password worked for a while but now I can't log in at all. Now I'm getting the error:

Code:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
I don't know if it's due to my password change or a coincidence.

tom

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Steve,

I'm thinking it's the re-writing rules that are causing the problems with one of the special characters. I'll update it and send the new password to you.

I did use a mix of letters, numbers and special characters in the new password. I've run across sites that don't like some characters but they say so and won't accept the password.

tom

Administrator
Staff member
I think the culprits are probably characters that are special in the URL re-writing like . / @ etc. I'll add a note to the change password screen.