New menu structure on the member's web site

tom

Administrator
Staff member
I just completed updating the menu structure of the member's site.

1602650545780.png

The Training menu has been replaced with "My Stuff" and "Products"
My Stuff is the new home for any trade alert service, course, workshop etc that you have purchased or are actively subscribed to.
Products is a list of all products and services at Aeromir. You'll see short descriptions of each item with links for more information and to purchase. Anything you already have will show "subscribed" or "purchased".

I think this is a better work flow as if you have a subscription to a trade alert, that's likely the first thing you want to go to after you login to the home page.

I hope you like it!

Marcas

Tom, good to see you are putting work to maintain Aeromir's web page. Thank you for that.

On TG1 I mentioned Log Out problem (missing Log Out option, and all other option from drop down as well). I see you added Log Out button.
It doesn't solve the problem though.
Both drop down menu and button relay on some resources that are blocked on my browser. I can allow them manually but this is not practical option.
I could allow them permanently but hesitating doing so as I try to keep my system as tight as I can.

I don't know much about web designing. If its not much work, can you link this button function (Log Out) directly to aeromir.com or my.aeromir.com - but only if it is a minor change. I don't want you to spend time on this as it's not a big deal, just a small issue. I can happily live with Aero-web the way it is now.

Thanks for addressing my call.

tom

Administrator
Staff member

Marcas

I use Firefox and Pale Moon but both are proofed.
I temp allowed bootstrap and slackpath.bootstrapcdn and still no effect. They must pull dependencies from somewhere else. It wotks if I allow everything. Without this I don't even see an icon. If you want I can investigate more, but I wouldn't worry, it is not a deal breaker.

tom

Administrator
Staff member
The font is from https://fontawesome.com/ I think they are generating SVG graphics for the icons but I'm not 100% sure. Bootstrap would control the dropdown.

I hadn't heard of Pale Moon. I just installed it and will play around with it.

Marcas

Pale Moon is an old Firefox, before those major changes happened. It is nicely configurable and can be proofed well, at least to my knowledge. I suppose it doesn't have all whistles but I don't care much about that. Look for community, there are plenty of knowledgeable people there.

tom

Administrator
Staff member
I installed it ( https://www.palemoon.org/ ) and it seems ok. I also tried the Brave browser and like that too ( https://brave.com/ )

I'll test the upper right menu/icons with all of them and see what I can do. One idea is to grab a screen capture of the icons and make them a jpg, gif or png file.

Marcas

You cant secure Brave. Probably it is nothing, most of users don't even care. I know some people who love Brave.

Don't worry about menu. I though you can set it so process of logging out is handled by your server. As said I don't know much about web designing. Logging in and out works well on Forum page.
If it start bothering me a lot I will try to figure out who is who and enable it on your site. No problemo.