Night Owl™ now has auto-trading

tom

Administrator
Staff member
Night Owl™ can now be auto-traded at Striker Securities!

You'll need a current Night Owl™ subscription at Aeromir to enable auto-trading at Striker Securities.

One subscription covers one symbol for three futures contracts and requires a $25,000 account.
If you'd like to trade both Crude Oil (CL) and Euro (6E) futures contracts, you'll need a $50,000 account.

If you'd like a bigger account, you'll need one subscription for each 3-contracts you want to trade.

For example, a $150,000 account to trade Night Owl™ with both symbols would use 9-contracts and require three subscriptions.

To get started, contact:

Dan Neenan
Striker Securities, Inc. of Chicago
d.neenan@striker.com
(312) 987-0043

When your account at Striker is setup, please subscribe to the Night Owl™ trade alerts.

Paulo

Is the performance at https://my.aeromir.com/night-owl-performance still being updated? I was intrigued but somewhat skeptical of the system from what was presented and from the initial drawdown. I wanted to see if the poor results so far were just a temporary drop. It seems like there haven't been any trades in a few weeks?

tom

Administrator
Staff member
HI Paulo,

Mark has been coding Night Owl into Ninja Trader. The most recent trades were just test trades to validate his coding. We're going to restart the track record as the system is now more automated. It is still partially manual but Mark said he's cut out about 75% to 80% of his work load (or "home work").

I think the coding is nearly finished and the trading/trade record should be reset very soon.

Anil

I have been receiving trade alerts, but was not told that these were 'test trades'. Why was this not communicated and why are these trades not included in the trade performance tracking? Just to add I'm extremely disappointed with the performance of this system and the drawdown it's had - what a waste of money on the subscription! Given this mess, is there a way to request a refund on any unused parts of the subscription?

Night Owl

Staff member
Hi Raj - None of the real-time nightly postings has been a test. Our tests only have been in the Aeromir account, the results for which Tom has posted after-the-fact to the Aeromir site. And we have entered no test entries in that account since April 15.

On the other hand, as those nightly posts have advised, Night Owl™ has recommended exiting its plays at the first Target B to elect following election of any entry price from the posted array. And by doing such, only one nightly call since April 15 has stopped out at the Night Owl™-recommended stop price. That was the May 2 Crude Oil post. With the others, either they have reached Target B, or we have advised early exiting in follow-up posts.

For those Night Owl™ traders who do not take an entry at each line in the price array (as we have advised against taking), the simplest way to manage the Night Owl™ arrays is to use the alert feature in your trading platform. Set an alert for each faded entry price in the array. For each alert then broadcast by your platform, adjust your targeted exit to the Target B of that newly-elected alert price. More aggressive Night Owl™ traders seek exit at the first Target C to elect, as that represents delivery on the Night Owl™ call.

I invite you to write me at nightowl@aeromir.com, so I can understand better where you have gotten off track. I recently heard from another subscriber who joined the Night Owl™ Advisory Service around the same time you did. He told me if he had not made a certain mistake during that period and had not missed one of the posts, his account would have grown by more than $4,000 during essentially the same period. He took responsibility for those 2 errors and just renewed his subscription for another term.

The coding proceeds slowly, as Night Owl™ is a complex model. It will require more than 30 NinjaTrader strategies. Most of those are (or will be) around 8,000 lines per strategy. In the meantime, we will continue posting the manually-derived nightly calls with either one play per call or no play for that particular session, as always. None of those posted calls are, or have been, tests.

But after we have finished Night Owl™ programming in NinjaTrader, the benefits will include more precise entries from the price arrays, plus the introduction of intraday entries or reversals. At present, identifying those intraday plays manually requires 4+ hours (as does the nightly homework). Programmed Night Owl™, however, will be able to identify them in seconds, rather than in hours.

Night Owl

Staff member
Rather than giving up, Raj, I encourage you to use the available auto-trading option for Night Owl™ trading.

Night Owl

Staff member
I believe Tom's intention is to start posting once we begin trading from the NinjaTrader program. We project coding for that program to be finished within the next couple weeks.