order flow

Ignatz

hi to all. As Tom already announced i would like to initiate a new group where we talk about order flow.
Please give me an info who is interested in.
This will not be a forum to discuss about different software but to talk about how to trade, no matter what software you use.
the time for a meeting: monday after my Schwalbe group, which will be at 2 or 3 pm eastern US time
Ignatz

tom

Administrator
Staff member
I setup the first meeting for Monday at 2 pm Eastern. Use this link to register for the meeting:

You can join (or leave) any trading group at https://my.aeromir.com/go/c.trading-groups

AllanT

hi to all. As Tom already announced i would like to initiate a new group where we talk about order flow.
Please give me an info who is interested in.
This will not be a forum to discuss about different software but to talk about how to trade, no matter what software you use.
the time for a meeting: monday after my Schwalbe group, which will be at 2 or 3 pm eastern US time
Ignatz
Hi Ignatz,
I am quite interested in orderflow, viewed the introduction video. Still have some questions, before I dive into it.
1, Ninjatrader, also provides orderflow feature. (https://ninjatrader.com/Order-Flow-Trading). It needs to buy a lifetime license. Are they the same product?
2, I guess the software needs a data feed, IB TWS or TOS? How about the performance?
3, Does the software support individual stock orderflow charting?
Allan

Ignatz

hi Allen i am also new to orderflow and have limited knowledge so far.
ad 1) Ninja orderflow and Mike Valtos orderflow are not the same, Mikes Software looks much better for me.
ad 2) datafeed of IB is terrible, only sends something like compressed data in a 50 package asaik
ad 3) can´t tell you that, didn´t look at it

AllanT

Hi Ignatz,
thanks for you sharing. Can you describe your current configuration running this orderflow? Mikes software + Ninja8.0 free or paid? + which data provider? Also have you tried subscription of CME level2 via IB? Maybe that can help solve the issue?
I tried to google, but found no solid answer. Allan

Ignatz

hi Allen
at the moment i have a Demo Ninja and CQG and bought Mike´s software.
And IB is NO data provider at all.
i still have no convincing strategy at the moment, still testing

DanielH

Hi Ignatz,
Could you share the template you used in the trading group meeting? The template I got from Mike Valtos don't look as neat.

Ignatz

my template is xml, not allowed here in the forum.
i use 8 range chart,
donchian channel,30
prior day
order flows trader
order flows delta surge
Vol
current day
i often change my settings, hope this helps

Ignatz

im may reduce it in the future, means:
no donchian channel,
no delta surge.
i will look at breakouts at prior day levels and how to manage it with vol infos/imbalances etc.
still not finished.

AllanT

hi Allen
at the moment i have a Demo Ninja and CQG and bought Mike´s software.
And IB is NO data provider at all.
i still have no convincing strategy at the moment, still testing
Hi Ignatz,
I am currently subscribed to a service called hftalert. Steve, the founder, post his finding via twitter everyday, so you can check it. This service separate orderflow data into several categories, like Buy/Sell, demand, liquidity. Then, they aggregate these data, into charts.
I think its another way to display the orderflow. Looking forward to viewing your next session. Allan

AllanT

im may reduce it in the future, means:
no donchian channel,
no delta surge.
i will look at breakouts at prior day levels and how to manage it with vol infos/imbalances etc.
still not finished.
Hi Ignatz,
I just brought the software. Mike recommended Kinetick or CQG in his course. I find Kinetick is very close to Ninjatrader, while you mentioned that you are using CQG.
Can you kindly tell why you choose CQG? What kind of subscription you are using with CQG? Do you need Level2? Do you paid additional for CME feed?
Best regards, Allan

Ignatz

hi Allen i am still on Ninja demo and you get a CQG datafeed when you open a new trial, which i still always do at the moment every 14 days :). Afaik you don´t need level 2.
i only look at 6E at the moment and changed to Rangebar 10 which looks more clear and structured to me
best regards igi