Round Table with Scott Batchelar | TLT Elephant

status1

I watched the presentation but I can't say I got much out of it
If you need commission free trades to make the strategy work i seems like it's not worth the risk
When he was talking about 1000 or more contracts I think he lost half the audience Seems like the brokerage would make more money than the trader

The graph was pretty much useless as it did not represent the reality which he admitted It would have been better if he just posted the initial setup on a blank page where it would have been easier to read
The total contracts that I counted was 160 so it's not clear how he gets yo 1000 or more contracts
After he set up the initial trade he said "as you can see this is the initial 3400" No we can't see because of the low resolution used
Is that $3400 ? 3400 contracts ? Does he have other contracts that are not shown ? He than said "we bring it up to 5800" again not clear what he is talking about but at least he admits that the image is blurry Than he realizes that it was a different position so basically forget what he just explained

Leaving all that aside I tried to reconstruct the strategy with today's prices and the graph looks somewhat like the M3 where there is a sea of death between the long call and the unbalanced iron condor so I suppose if managed properly it would work but it seems ;like there is a lot of time effort and money wasted just to pay for the long call and after that you can make some money

It's not something that I would trade but it gives me some ideas that I may play with

Just a quick note about Trade Hawk in case anyone decides to sign up Their platform require a 64bit pc which is probably not an issue
with most newer pc's That's just a heads up for those that still have a 32 bit system

Does anybody follow this TLT trade alert service ?

I signed up for the trial but the plans and notes are confusing and incomplete to say the least
It starts out on Feb 8 with the first expiration on Feb 15 with a short vertical for 40 contracts which is fine
Than the next trade says
FEB 15, 122.50 CALLS
BTO 60 FEB, 15 125.00 CALLS

It does not say how many contracts or whether to buy or sell the 122.50 calls I have to zoom into the image to find out that he is selling 20 and buying 60 or 80 of the 125 calls but it's hard to tell because of the low resolution
Than the next trade for the Mar22 121.50 puts is similar I have to zoom into the image to find out the details of the trade

Than the adjustment is a mix and match of 2 puts and a call Not sure if all brokerages can handle this type of combo trade

Another adjustment further down it says 3 hours ago
When ? We have no way of knowing when this 3 hours ago was unless you follow it every hour of the day

Hopefully this can be fixed going forward

I guess I must be the only one following this trade
Unfortunately it looks like I also have to stop following it

After that messy start he started fresh with the Feb 22 trade but it did not take long before that turned into a mess
The trade is pretty difficult to follow with many adjustments in one day so you have to be at the pc all day which probably eliminates
a large number of traders
On top of that the only way to follow the trade is using ONE because the open tab is not updated and looks to me like the messages are not accurate
I counted 70 trades closed while there was only 50 opened and so far I did not get an explanation for it only that I should use ONE which I don't have
The video does not go into the detail of each trade so you are not going to learn anything there

I am sure he does well by himself but as far as learning anything from him or from the trade it's pretty much impossible
So my review is that I would not revomenf this trade or this training There are far better and easier trades that can be made and better training available here and elsewhere

I share the same frustration with TLT that others are posting. Presentation had very little info that would suggest risk or profit potential. The presentation's lack of focus and takeaways is amazing for a business effort.

The trade update adjustments do not come with any explanation. How are the adjustment size decisions reached? Are options added and removed to maintain Delta or a risk goal? What is the 'Uncle' point where you just give up and exit everything? At what cost?

Is there anyone at Aeromir who can answer these questions? What does Aeromir think of this effort so far?

Looks like the training for the TLT was abandoned or closed down because it disappeared from the list
Just as well because it was so poorly managed that no one was getting anything out of it

What little I got out of it was the shape of the expiration graph which I could recreate using SPX with a lot less contracts
It's not a bad concept it just needs proper management and some guidelines and preferably very few if any adjustments

It has not disappeared, I still see it on the training list.

So I got this nasty email from Scott today

"Contrary to your constant antagonizing posts on the UNPAID forum - no the TLT service has not been discontinued; you have simply been removed. We are alive and well. There are 150 Charter members currently taking advantage of the service, you are simply no longer one of them. I do not respond to absurd posts on unpaid forums (where trolls spend their time). I confirmed that you have been a member of the unpaid forums on Aeromir/CD for years and big surprise, you’ve yet to purchase any subscriptions, yet you continue to run your mouth spewing unfounded negativity. As I said, there are over 150 trial members and we have only received complaints from 3 people thus far. Just further evidence of your misguided opinion. For the record, I have been running this service for over a year on Steady Options as part of Creating Alpha (https://steadyoptions.com/subscribe/) and I have 200 PAYING subscribers. You are simply flat out wrong with everything you post. l plan to make a ton of money with my subscribers, but you certainly will not be one of them..."

I wasn't aware of this but apparently you have to be paid member for him to respond to absurd posts
So everyone who is not a paid member is now a troll ?
Also it seems that if you are not a paid member you are not allowed to speak
It would have been interesting to know what negativity he is referring to
As far as I know I only mentioned facts and my opinion Anyone who disagrees with me can feel free to say so
So far no one has done so

I have no way of knowing some things so I have to make some assumotions untill such time as someone corrects the record

For example I assume that all those 147 new members are using ONE otherwise how van anyone follow the trade ?
Or perhaps they are using the images with a magnifying glass to follow the trade since the open positions are not updated and the alerts are prone to errors

"You are simply flat out wrong with everything you post" Really ?
You have read EVERYTHING I posted and NONE of it is right ? Apparently I have nothing better to do that to figure out what the right thing to say is and post the opposite

I simply asked how come he closed 70 Feb 22 121.50 puts when he only opened 50 That is a fact based on the alerts received
He never explained it He just said to use ONE or to look at the image

This apparently triggered the booting from the trial and the nasty email

Status1, I am also a trial member but I do not follow the trades anymore. I quickly realized that it does not fit my trading style as I have a day job. I do not have the time to manage short term trades. I am not sure of the unpaid forum mentioned, I think Tom should clarify. It looks like Scott would rather you asked your questions through the TLT Elephant subscriber's page under the "Ask" tab instead of the open forum.

In this case, the TLT Elephant forum isn't a paid forum yet; however, it is only accessible to the people in the TLT Elephant trial.

Just to clarify I did ask it in the TLT elephant subscriber page but of course I can no longer do that since I was kicked out of the free trial

It seems like he has a personal grudge against me for some reason
He could have just said something like "I see that you have difficulty following the trade since you don't have ONE and you are unable to view the images so it's best that I discontinue your subscription" and I probably would not have objected too much about it but there was certainly no reason to send me a nasty email like that

When he made the presentation I don't recall hin saying that having ONE is a requirement
I thought it would be the same procedure as the road trip or at least cloe to it so anyone could follow it I suppose he took that as a negative comment I am just telling it as I see it

It's certainly not a good thing if you are trying to teach traders a new strategy and they don't have a specific tool to follow the trade

Contact Us