SOAP Program Updates

status1

I understand that SOAP needs to have a connection to TWS server to get the data but I was wondering where it shows in the video when you view web data is that supposed to work without having a connection to TWS ?

I was wondering what else can I look at without the TWS connection ?
I see that there some kind of excel test data (1234) Is that useful for anything as far as looking at something ?

Bruno

That's correct. Web data view & refresh is independent on the TWS connection. SOAP initiates requests before it connects to the TWS. I'll code for options data import soon but in the meantime the IB TWS is necessary to make use of SOAP.
The new TOS API is not available yet to developers.
When I started developing SOAP, I wanted to provide a replacement for BIBOP (the Excel Pricer I coded last year). I did my very best to limit the overhead as Excel is quite slow in comparison to native dotNet programming. The Excep output is still there and can be activated at any time.

status1

Thanks
The reason I was asking because I am getting an error and I was not sure what was causing it
I attached the error I am having
Is it perhaps because the vix term structure has no values ?
On the lower right it also says HTML error so I am not sure what that is
The internet connection is good but I am not sure what link is used to get the web data maybe there is an error there but that's just my guess

Attachments

Bruno

Thanks Status1 for the error feedback. They are trapped in SOAP however they can be nested in one another and the narrowed down plotting error is the one that applies here. Did you try and view Web Data before it had a chance to be refreshed when SOAP starts up ?

I have improved error trapping and shall post an update by end of week.

status1

I am not sure how I can view the web data outside of SOAP I mean once SOAP starts up isn't the data already there ?

status1

Just to add a little more detail
I just did a quick check and when I open up SOAP and look at the SOAP 1 console it says Web data has been refreshed
Then I go to settings/web data/view and I get that error message about the web data plotting error than after I click OK the screen with the web query pops up
Initially on the bottom right corner it says Rates and VIX data set for the next 6-8 months. than after I click the Refresh button I get the same error message with the web plotting error and that the message at the bottom right changes to
HTML Error: please Check Internet Connection.

Also when I click on the Plot IV I get an error message saying IV Plot error conversion from string "" to type integer' is not valid
I am not sure if this is related to the web data or a separate error
Shouldn't I have some values in the VIX term structure panel ? Is this also related to the web data error ?

Bruno

SOAP stores the last known values for rates, dividend yields etc. All those are refreshed when SOAP starts then at regular intervals (separate background thread). If the web request fails, the last stored values are used.
I have managed to replicate an issue on the Refresh as well as on the Plot IV buttons (the rest is working fine at my end).
Thank you for pointing it out.

Bruno

Minor update. Even though Symbols can be modified in the program, it is of course simpler to test-drive SOAP with the default ones (SPX, RUT etc.) and some of you do not have live data subscriptions for them. This update allows for delayed data now.
This is a quick fix i.e. it works 'all or nothing' : I shall work on itemising in the next beta release so that live / delayed data can be determined at symbol level.