SOAP visual overview

Bruno

I can try and compile a version with a lower dotNet Framework (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/get-started/system-requirements). However the MathNet Library requires at least version 4.5+. Win 7 shipped with 4.0.
The first issue you struggle (and I'm puzzled) with is to resolve is why SOAP doesn't install correctly on your E drive.
The Setup program should place all files in the chosen destination folder. You should then start SOAP either using the exe in that folder or from the Desktop folder, but not from the original download folder.

status1

Here is the installation folder as it looks before I hit next
At the end it says installation successful but it's nowhere to be found
On windows 10 is a c drive and it installs correctly there

I deleted the temp file but that did not make any difference
Apparently that is just used as a temporary storage during the installation so the .msi file is moved over there and when the security warning shows up that's what it says it's running it from

Attachments

Bruno

I am at a loss as to why it doesn't install correctly on a Win 7 "E" drive... Sorry.
Can you try the C Drive on that computer ?

status1

I don't think I can do that because I have dual boot so the windows 10 is on the c drive and windows 7 is on the e drive
I could try it on my laptop and see if that works with windows 7 on the c drive

status1

So I can install it on the laptop on the c drive with windows 7 but not on the desktop on the e drive

Could it be that it's installing it on the c drive even though it say it will install it on the e drive and maybe that's why I don't see it getting installed ?

status1

Yes and no
I can see the files on the c drive that I installed from the c drive and I tried to run soap from the e drive by clicking on the shortcut on the desktop on the c drive but it did not work I got this error when I tried to do that

So looks like that is the problem
It wants to be installed and run on the c drive or it cannot handle installing on a different partition

Just for laughs I tried to install it from the e drive and just change the path to the c drive than went to the c drive and I did not find it there Than went back to the e drive to remove it but instead of getting that page to remove it I was getting the page for a new installation so the path to the c drive was lost

Attachments

Bruno

There is definitely something in your dual boot system confusing the setup prog but I can't figure out why or what.
It however should work fine on any partition providing it has full access to system files.

Bruno

Alex, I'll look at implementing a TOS interface after IB also releases its own REST interface, currently in beta stage.
It would otherwise be too much work. Coding around the IB API has been difficult enough !