Time Zone Strategy

DavidK

If there is anyone else that has purchased Amy Meissner's Time Zone Strategy, I would love to connect.

Probably best privately to respect her IP.

What is Time Zone Strategy?
A while ago I watched Amy's service performance. It was double IC or something like that. She did quite good on that.

There are excellent introductory videos about the course on the SMB capital website.

I bought the course and I'm very impressed, and I'm looking for other people who own the course to communicate with. I don't want to buy isolate her intellectual property by sharing the rules of the course here.

What is unique about it is that it is a positive theta, positive Vega trade that only takes about a week and has very good p/l statistics with low drawdowns ... and performs well in most market conditions ... In only requires about $7000 of margin.

Here is a link I found to that strategy
She mainly shows the risk graph so you can't tell where and what strikes is she using

From the graph it looks some kind of calendar with some risk on the downside perhaps a put spread but only those who purchased her strategy would know for sure
She has the right idea to do it on a short term but I also see there are adjustments required which may not be a choice for some traders

DavidK, I did not purchase this course, I skimmed through content of videos status1 pointed out. I'm not gagged so I can freely talk about about Time Zone Trading System. I also express my uneducated opinion, and by reading this post you agree to agree with me, or not to agree... Sorry, I'm in this kind end-of-the-week of mood.

Strategy is simple: go long calendar in 2week expiration slightly below the market and hedge upside with OTM short put vertical. Will it work... or rather will it work for you and for me? Depends.

In video pitch was put on trade being long vega. This vega comes from calendar part. If you study calendars you will see that vega displayed by software is not to be taken for granted. Some best gains from calendars can be obtained after starting in high IV env. So I'd double check how TZ can surprise you.

What I like is short term you are staying in TZ. Amy points this is high potential trade but trading plan does not try cash in on it. Well, maybe a little, indirectly - this high potential is the reason for high theta of TZ. Profit target is 5% on risk which is low (for me) but is ok because of short time in trade.

To be brief (we can further exchange opinions if you wish) I pass my general impression. I don't see TZ to be The Trade everybody was looking for. That means it (probably) won't be as good as you and I want to. On the other hand Amy is good trader and watching her trading live may be valuable lesson for any student. What else I like about TZ (actually I like the most) is plethora of adjustments Amy uses in this strategy. Which adjustment will be employed depends on market conditions at the time. This is much better than fixed rule adjustment method. I don't know how Amy approached on this topic but if she wont go into details it would be very beneficial to study it for yourself. Then you expand this approach to entry and you make yourself independent trader :)

Anyway, I will appreciate you sharing experience with or thoughts and expectations about TZ.

(I skipped over sales pitches that are common for SMB and their pricey, imo, courses.)

Last edited:
Contact Us