TradeStation For Military, Veterans and First Responders

tom

Administrator
I opened a TradeStation account to see how I like Jeff Augen's Phase Trader Indicators, which are a bit pricey, but look quite interesting.

I opened the account with a $2000 deposit and my commissions were set at $1.50 plus fees.

Fortunately I remembered that TradeStation had an offer for military, veterans and first responders. It's called TradeStation Salutes:

The commissions are $0.45 plus fees. What a difference!

If you quality, the commissions are incredible.

I put a trade on the Micro ES futures contract to see how the order process goes. When the trade hits one of my bracket order prices, I'll be able to see the exact costs, which I'll post here if anyone is interested.

tom

Administrator
My bracket order was filled:

1637724964986.png

I bought one Dec 21 Micro ES futures contract ($5/point) at $4686.25 and exited at $4687.50 for +1.25 points x $5/point = gross $6.25 profit.

Commissions were $0.45 each way so $0.90 round turn. Net profit was $6.25-$0.90 or $5.35.

Margin was $1265 (See https://www.tradestation.com/pricing/futures-margin-requirements/ ) which is a net +0.423% in less than an hour.

Now I know how to get an order filled. I'm certainly no expert but it wasn't that hard to figure out.

Last edited:

NoMoWork

Gold Member
Tom, I've been looking at some TradeStation videos, and it seems they have several different platforms. Which one did you use?

NoMoWork

Gold Member
Daniel. I think Tom mentioned that over 10,000 lines of code were written to work with TradeStation, and he has worked on it for 10 years. Coming from a programming/IT background I believe that would be an enormous task to adopt it to these other platforms.

Contact Us