VIX Central out of whack?

Mark17

What do people think about VIX Central reliability?

AMC on 1/7/22, the website is showing spot VIX at 10.49. Around 2:50 ET today, it showed spot VIX at 17.00. TOS doesn't show VIX got anywhere near that low today.

Until today, I would say that I generally find it reliable. I'm curious to hear what others think.

What is that stand for ?
I can't say I used any information from there for anything It's nice to look at once in a while when there is panic in the market and see the slope change but I have not placed any trades based on that The slope can change at any time so any trade based on that would be short lived
I am not even sure how to use that information
I am not sure what that 10.49 means but I don't think that is supposed to be the VIX because I see 10.49 all over the place
Maybe it's some kind of average value ? Not sure
If you click on the 3 bars on the upper right corner and select view data table you will see a lot of the different months and they are all 10.49

What is that stand for ?
I can't say I used any information from there for anything It's nice to look at once in a while when there is panic in the market and see the slope change but I have not placed any trades based on that The slope can change at any time so any trade based on that would be short lived
I am not even sure how to use that information
I am not sure what that 10.49 means but I don't think that is supposed to be the VIX because I see 10.49 all over the place
Maybe it's some kind of average value ? Not sure
If you click on the 3 bars on the upper right corner and select view data table you will see a lot of the different months and they are all 10.49

AMC = After Market Close

The green line is supposed to be VIX spot. Never are all VIX futures the same value--especially 10.49 right now. Something is very wrong over there.

I don't know about making trades based on that, but it's good to know what VX futures if you're trading VIX options. More than good... it's pretty much essentially if you want to know what's ITM, ATM, and OTM.

Well if that is supposed to be the VIX than something is wrong I did not look at the VIX spot before so I could not tell if it changed
I attached a screenshot of the data table I mentioned

Attachments

• VIX data table.PNG
    VIX data table.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 2
Contact Us