Is the Schwalbe trade suitable for beginners?

my opinion, the structure of the trade is suitable for beginners, however you should have some experience in placing trades like credit spread and debit spread under the pressure.
In the recent downtime, there was a day when we would place 5 or more adjustments in the last 20 minutes of the trading day. If you make mistake in adjustments it may cause you significant losses.

my opinion, the structure of the trade is suitable for beginners, however you should have some experience in placing trades like credit spread and debit spread under the pressure.
In the recent downtime, there was a day when we would place 5 or more adjustments in the last 20 minutes of the trading day. If you make mistake in adjustments it may cause you significant losses.
How much money do I need to get started? Would 3-5K be good?

I think the minimal account is ~$12k if you trade /ES options and ~$24k if you trade SPX options.
In theory you can trade XSP options, this would require 1/10 of SPX capital

I think the minimal account is ~$12k if you trade /ES options and ~$24k if you trade SPX options.
In theory you can trade XSP options, this would require 1/10 of SPX capital
Can you use it in IB brokers without advanced tracking like in ONE? For example, using only the tools in IB instead of ONE?

Can you use it in IB brokers without advanced tracking like in ONE? For example, using only the tools in IB instead of ONE?
You can, but in this case you will depend on Igi to do advanced tracking, which he does quite well and explains every Monday meeting. However if you want to do analysis by yourself, without ONE it will be quite complicated.

on an average, how many adjustments do you have to make per day for all the 6 positions which are outstanding at a given time ?

if you do not do an adjustment on a given day, and it is done next day, will it hurt the trade a lot ?

You need to have an understanding of option fundamentals. Trade structure, adjustments, as SergB said could be harsh lesson mis-trades. I think personally, it's more suitable for those that have a firm understanding of debit spreads, credit spreads, risk management, and option greeks. But it's set up to follow along. There is a video in the products section if you haven't seen it; check it out.

Contact Us