I just got an email from Maverick Trading about possible market closures. I thought it was important for you to know about this:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Traders,
We are living in unprecedented uncertainty with the Coronavirus and we have already seen sports closures, travel closures, festival closures, conference closures, etc. As the markets move lower, we believe there is an increased possibility of a total stock, bond and FX market closure like we saw for 4 days after 9/11.
Personally, I think there is a high possibility it could be as soon as tonight.
If it happens, they will likely close the markets until the threat of the Coronavirus contagion is under control. In this situation, we see there could potentially be more risk to bearish positions.
If the governments around the world decide to close markets down until the situation improves, the markets could potentially gap higher 25-30%. If the situation is worse than expected, we could see the same move in the opposite direction.
We wanted to send out a message firm wide so all our traders could look at their own personal trading accounts (stock, retirement, FX, etc) and plan for this possibility. The safest thing is to be in cash and stay in cash until this volatility passes.
For traders trading firm capital, we will be reaching out to you on an individual basis if we see any trades that could be too risky in a market closure. We will be sending out increase communication during this volatility.
Be safe out there,
Robb Reinhold
Maverick Trading
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Traders,
We are living in unprecedented uncertainty with the Coronavirus and we have already seen sports closures, travel closures, festival closures, conference closures, etc. As the markets move lower, we believe there is an increased possibility of a total stock, bond and FX market closure like we saw for 4 days after 9/11.
Personally, I think there is a high possibility it could be as soon as tonight.
If it happens, they will likely close the markets until the threat of the Coronavirus contagion is under control. In this situation, we see there could potentially be more risk to bearish positions.
If the governments around the world decide to close markets down until the situation improves, the markets could potentially gap higher 25-30%. If the situation is worse than expected, we could see the same move in the opposite direction.
We wanted to send out a message firm wide so all our traders could look at their own personal trading accounts (stock, retirement, FX, etc) and plan for this possibility. The safest thing is to be in cash and stay in cash until this volatility passes.
For traders trading firm capital, we will be reaching out to you on an individual basis if we see any trades that could be too risky in a market closure. We will be sending out increase communication during this volatility.
Be safe out there,
Robb Reinhold
Maverick Trading