Last Wednesday (1/20) during a round table with Tom, Dan Harvey discussed updates to his boxcar strategy, and I have a few questions about making adjustments.
I see how it’s crucial to enter these trades on a down day. Do you wait until you are near the end-of-day to place this trade, or could you enter earlier if the market is down a significant enough amount?
Finally, is there a fixed dollar or percent risk you have going into the trade after which point you would close out the trade?
Thank you Dan and Tom for putting on this round table, I greatly appreciate all the help!
- You mention that if the market goes down and triggers your orders to buy back a portion of the put credit spreads, depending on conditions, you may decide to rolldown those spreads you closed out. When/how do you decide that rolling the spreads down is the best way to adjust?
- When rolling the put credit spreads down, do you again place them about 18-20 delta out from the current price?
I see how it’s crucial to enter these trades on a down day. Do you wait until you are near the end-of-day to place this trade, or could you enter earlier if the market is down a significant enough amount?
Finally, is there a fixed dollar or percent risk you have going into the trade after which point you would close out the trade?
Thank you Dan and Tom for putting on this round table, I greatly appreciate all the help!